The personal data we collect
The personal data we collect depends on our relationship with you and your involvement with us. For example, depending on whether you are a customer, i.e. if you are covered by any of our policies, if you use any of our smartphone applications, or if you are not a customer and we process your personal data e.g. on the basis of you making a claim against anyone who has third-party insurance with us; if we want to market our services to you, if you are in contact with us or communicate with us in any other way.
The data we collect can be split into the following categories:
General personal data and contact information – name, date of birth, personal ID number, address, email address, mobile telephone number. This data is collected to identify you and to communicate with you. We also control if you have a protected identity to be able to communicate with you in a secure manner.
Payment data – if you’re a policyholder, if you pay for an insurance or if we pay compensation we may, depending on the type of policy and the payment method chosen, collect data concerning direct debit, credit and debit card data (card number, validity date and the CVV/CVC code), invoice information and bank account number.
Official data from government agencies and other external sources – depending on your involvement with us, we may collect data from public sources about vehicles you own, your registered address, driving license information, if you have children or if you have pets. To supplement and keep data up-to-date, we collect supplementary information from external sources such as publicly available information, commercially available sources and information from our redundant partners.
To comply with applicable legislation – in certain cases we are obliged to process personal data to meet the requirements of applicable and relevant legislation such as the Swedish Act on Measures against Money Laundering and the Swedish Bookkeeping Act.
Marketing preferences – For example, if you have refused direct marketing.
Specific data regarding insurance and claims – taking out and managing insurance contracts may require the collection of necessary insurance and claim information. The data varies depending on the policy, type of damage and circumstances concerning the claim event and may consist of the following categories of information:
- Previous and current health status and condition, data about previous injuries and disabilities, medical treatments and examinations carried out and planned for, lifestyle habits (e.g. tobacco), pregnancy, prescriptions.
- Property data such as mortgage, type of building, size, water connections, tax assessment, condition, age, residents and any tenants, alarms and locks.
- Information on any trades union membership if your policy (content, scope and price) depends on union affiliation.
- Information on legal proceedings relating to you as a result of a criminal act, e.g. if you are the victim of an assault. We also collect necessary data for the prevention of insurance fraud and for the investigation of unclear claims.
- Other data necessary for taking out, renewing or amending a policy and other insurance administration, and data gathered about the settlement of claims. The data requested will vary depending on the policy taken out, the nature of the loss that has occurred and other circumstances relating to the loss. The data may consist of payment card details for verification of insurance, your profession, employment, employer, travel details (ticket, date, destination, etc.), information on occupation, nationality, economic circumstances, the value of possessions information posted on social media, vehicle service dates, receipt for the product purchased, etc.
Data already in our possession – billing information, email address, existing insurance policies, pending and completed claims and stated preferences, e.g. if you prefer digital communication rather than letters etc. We may check health declarations, when managing or signing a policy, we may review health attestations or declarations, medical journals and questionnaires concerning your health, where deemed necessary.